Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment method, and the details of the product(s) that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (e.g. for a custom order) at the time of ordering or if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business, but so is the privacy of that information. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Ravelry. For purchases of my patterns on Ravelry, I share information with Ravelry as necessary to provide you my services and comply with my obligations under the Ravelry Policies.
- Shipping providers. For shipping purchases made from this website, I engage certain trusted third parties to ship and deliver your order such as Australia Post. I will share your personal information with such third parties, but only to the extent necessary to fulfil your order.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
If required for the fulfilment of your order, I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in Australia, the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
I receive emails from Square, PayPal and Ravelry for orders however these emails are never shared, your details remain private, and they are only retained as long as necessary for legal reasons.
When I download sales and accounting data from Square, Ravelry and PayPal I do not download or store any data with personal information.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Niina Talikka, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through the Contact page on this web site, by email at niina [!at] givemeacrown.com, or by mail at: Niina Talikka, PO Box 47, Mandurama NSW 2792, Australia